- This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, how we use it and how we may share information that we hold about you in order to deliver our services. We are required to give you this information under data protection law. Support Northamptonshire is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. The Privacy Notice below explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
Support Northamptonshire complies with data protection legislation (the Data Protection Act 2018) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR)
1 About Support Northamptonshire
- Support Northamptonshire
46-50 Palk Road
Support Northamptonshire is a community wellbeing charitable social enterprise which aims to:
• build sustained long-term resilience for people and communities.
• provide support for vulnerable people.
• enable asset-based community-led social action.
• support organisations to collaborate.
2 Information that we hold
- We currently collect and process the following information in order to provide the support services that we offer.
• Contact details (name, address, telephone number)
• Medical information
• Customer financial information
• Employee data
• Details of race and ethnic origin
• religious or philosophical beliefs
• genetic data
3 How the information is obtained
- Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you.There are a number of reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
• It is necessary to meet our legal obligations (state relevant legislation)
• You have requested a service from us.
• You have entered into a contract with us.
• It is necessary to protect public health.
• It is required for the defense of legal cases.
• It is needed for employment purposes.
• You, or your legal representative, have given us your consent.
• You have made your information publicly available.
• It is necessary for law enforcement reasons and to prevent and detect fraud or crime.
• We need to protect individuals from harm (in an emergency)
• It is necessary for archiving, research, or statistical purposes. (For these purposes your data would be used in a pseudonymised format i.e. your name and other identifying information is replaced with a unique number.)
4 What we do with the information
- • Your information is securely stored on Support Northamptonshire’s GDPR compliant case management system.
• We use the information that you have given us to help provide the support and services you require. Information will only be used for the purposes stated when it was collected.
• We will only share information with other organisations if you have given your written consent to share the information and confirm the organisations with whom we can share that information.
• Information will not be sold or provided to anyone else, or used for any other purpose than that for which it was originally collected unless required by law.
• We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. Any information sharing is undertaken in accordance with UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We have mechanisms in place to share information lawfully and securely.
5 How long we keep your information for and how we securely dispose of it after use
- • We keep your personal information for the purpose of providing you the necessary support services.
• We will securely dispose of your information in line with our document retention period which is 12 months after the date from which you no longer require support services from us.
6 Your data protection rights
- • The law gives you the right to control what personal information is used by us and how we can use it.
• Please be aware that your rights may differ depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
• You can ask that we no longer use your details and if you wish to exercise this right, please contact Support Northamptonshire.
If you would like further information about how we use your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your data rights or you wish to complain about the use of your personal information please contact:
Or you can write to:
46-50 Palk Road
If you are still dissatisfied after you have contacted Support Northamptonshire, you have the right to complain to the ICO at:
Information Commissioner’s Office